Activity Feed Forums Everything Photography Air travel with large lenses Reply To: Air travel with large lenses

• CS P

February 11, 2024 at 9:17 am

Most airlines will allow you to carry two bags in the cabin (one duffel and one backpack). One can be stowed away in the overhead bin and one under the seat as long as you are not in the emergency exit rows. I have always carried my Laptop / Nikon D500 / Nikkor 500mm F/5.6, 300MM F/4 and a 50mm /F1.8 along with all batteries and chargers in my backpack and have just about a weeks clothes in the duffel and never had a problem. you can carry camera gear in your cabin luggage as long as the length limitations are okay. The worst that can possibly happen in this case is when Airlines are flying full. They will automatically allow you to check in the duffel at no cost while allowing the camera bag to be carried with you. Peak design carry on duffel is large enough for 400-500mm lens and is small enough to fit the definitions of a carry on luggage. Any 22 Inch (H) X 14 Inch (W) X 9 Inc (breadth) back pack fits the bill.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  CS P.