Activity Feed Forums Everything Photography Sony FE 200-600 F.6-6.3 Image quality improvement

• Sony FE 200-600 F.6-6.3 Image quality improvement

Posted by Shanmugavadivel G on June 13, 2023 at 8:04 pm

I am using Sony A7R4A. While using with Sony 200-600 I am getting very soft images. I use shutter speeds around 1/1250 and 400 ISO at 600mm Focal length for hand held. Other lenses are sharp with the camera, like Samyang AF 24-70 and FE 90mm Macro. Is there anything I am missing? Which stabilisation mode is better for static and moving subjects?

Shanmugavadivel G replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ketan Rane

June 15, 2023 at 9:16 am

There are several factors affecting sharpness. The image has backlit subject which is very difficult to have in sharp focus with so much in shadows. Try on a well lit subject.

I have used Tamron Diii 150-500 with Sony A7IV before moving to Sony 200-600.

What I have found is that Tamron lens had better stabilization compared to Sony. Maybe because the Tamron was released in 2022 and may have better tech than old Sony lens.

Also of note is that both lenses are sharpest at f8 throughout the zoom range.

I use mode 1 for most handheld photography. Still figuring out the best mode for different scenarios.

• Sudhir Shivaram

Administrator
    June 17, 2023 at 8:31 pm

The feather details does look pretty sharp. Best thing is to shoot a front lit subject which is close and then check for sharpness. Make sure you are not using a UV filter as that kills the sharpness.

Rgds,
    Sudhir